Hopeless Mercy - [Chapter 2] Mercy


Chapter 2
I shot up my head quickly doubling over as a spike of pain and warm tears filled my eyes due to the soreness in my head. I quickly looked around to realize I was chained up to a metal pipe at the top of the of ceiling to whatever room I was in. The room was easily twenty feet tall and almost completely empty. I could barely move two feet without the chain yanking me back. I looked around for any signs of ways out or abilities to break the chain at any links. For an unknown amount of time, I was left fiddling with the chains until finally, I gave up. I started thinking two things, 'Is Star ok?' and 'Why am I here?'. I thought on these questions for what seemed to be a few hours before finally the giant metal doors behind me opened.
I quickly shot around to watch who entered. Two hulk-like men in black suits walked in first and following them was probably one of the single most beautiful women I had ever seen. As I started to open my mouth she walked up and put her finger over my mouth to silence me.
She pulled over a metal chair from against the wall to my left and sat down in it five feet in front of me. 'I know you’re probably extremely confused why you are in here but rest assured I can explain everything to you given the proper amount of time,' the girl said, 'Why did you take me here?' I asked. She calmly responded, 'We thought you were a person who was stealing very expensive things from us but it turns out you aren’t the kid'. The questioning continued, but this was a strange kind of questioning. Instead of the prisoner being asked questions I was permitted to ask this beautiful girl all the questions I wanted. The important ones consisted of 'Where are we?', 'Who are you?', and 'What’s going to happen to me?'. To which I was given the answer of 'I am someone you will most likely never see again and we are in my warehouse. However what happens to you next isn’t up to me.'
I suddenly felt a sharp pain in the side of my neck as I felt a cold metal needle pierced through my skin and muscle. I was in shock. I couldn’t speak. I looked down for a brief moment to ask what happened and I saw the room start spinning before a bright light was shone on my face, so bright that it hurt. The room was filled with screaming. Who’s? All of a sudden I was tied down to a chair. My throat felt dry
and rasp. I suddenly realized I was the one screaming but I wasn’t sure why. Quickly I looked up to see what the strange feeling in my left hand was. The room was spinning, making it difficult to make out what was going on but all I know for sure was there was a hand that looked almost crushed like that of an elevator dropping on it. All the bones were dislodged and broken with brute force cuts in the skin all over. I suddenly realized a very important detail that I didn’t realize before. That was my hand. Suddenly I was rushed with pain in both hand, feet, and I could feel the cold blade of a knife going up my right arm. I remember a face, so full of disgust looking at me as if I deserved everything. Perhaps I did, but there was no
doubting that crazy smile on the face of enjoyment. He was smiling even while doing such cruel acts to me when I had done nothing wrong. Screaming and squirming around as much as I could while in the chair bolted to the ground my vision started going red.
Suddenly another needle in the back of my neck. Instead of a sleepy feeling, I felt an unimaginable pain through my entire body, even through the parts that were untouched or too deep to reach with a knife. This continued for what seemed like days.
Finally, there was a feeling of an entire pulse going through my body before I felt a cold chill down my spine. My eyes shot open and before I thought about it I attempted to scream, only to have a harsh vomit of blood explode from my mouth onto the floor below me. I looked around to recognize the familiar sight of the empty room but this time it was more colorful and not as empty. There was a rolling cabinet with knives and dulled handheld bolt-cutters along with a few more unrecognizable items covered in a crimson red blood. There was blood covering the floor for a three-foot radius around my hanging body along with a few scattered pieces of food, trays, and empty water bottles. Instantly I looked up the chains holding me a few inches off the floor. I moved my body pieces around as much as I could to test my mobility and pain. A few bones popped into place in my right hand as my body was flooded with pain. I started climbing the chains as well as I could. When I was approximately fifteen feet above the ground I wrapped my legs and arms around the chain before dropping back first with all my weight straight to the ground. I heard a groan from the bars above holding me before the main one snapped dropping me to the ground and the thirty-foot chain directly on top of me. I layed on the floor struggling and gasping for air as the next few minutes went by.
After I caught my breath, for the most part, I started to stand up on my feet before my left foot shot an intense pain through my body. Finally, I took a breath and ran over to the side of the room and hid behind a concrete and metal pillar. I was sure someone heard me when the bar fell down and hit the ground but for two minutes all I heard was silence. The thought finally hit me that maybe there wasn’t anyone there to hear it. I started to walk towards the door when I heard people approaching it from the other side. Suddenly three people burst into the room with guns in their hands screaming too loud for me to hear what they were saying. I suddenly ran outside the room and slammed the door behind me as the automatic lock clicked into place. . I looked down the empty dark halls for what seemed to be hours, but I was sure it was only a minute or so. I heard voices coming from a room with a door blown off it across the hall. The scorch marks were old and dusty so I knew it wasn’t recent. I peeked into the room to see two men in black suits who were holding a type of machine gun on their backs.
I was terrified, but at the same time, I felt a sense of relaxation hit me like I had done it before and I knew what to do. I walked barefoot into the room being careful not to make a sound and went behind the first guard. I unsheathed his knife from behind his belt and took a deep breath. Faster than I could realize, I lifted my arm up and slid the blade across the front side of his neck. Blood spewed all over the place. The second guard stood up from the table and reached for his gun but before he could, I had jumped over the table and dug the knife as far into his chest as I could. Both bodies hit the floor almost simultaneously as I stood was leaning against the wall barefoot in an overflowing pool of blood.
I started running towards the door they were sitting. I knew I couldn’t stop. If there was any chance of me escaping then it would be getting out as fast as I can. Hundreds of locked steel doors, hallways made of metal, and fresh blood. Those senses were all I can remember and were all I was seeing as I ran through the never-ending maze of hallways. After what seemed like hours of running around I finally saw a red exit sign at the end of the hall.
I started to hear footsteps. My footsteps? No. The footsteps that I was hearing weren’t mine. I turned around to see the girl and two men in black suits turn the corner I had just run from. BANG! BANG! BANG! Three, I heard three loud bangs yet the only thing I could feel in my entire body full of broken bones and slits gushing blood was a cold feeling in my lower right leg. I looked up from my leg which was now drizzling a deep crimson red blood to see the girl holding her hand up in front of the men with their guns out. I didn’t think twice. I turned to start running and pushed off the wall. I was moving but my feet didn’t feel anything beneath me. I landed flat on my face and started crawling towards the exit sign.
The girl walked down the hall and knelt down next to me. She put her hand on my shoulder and said 'Darling, you are strong. I can use you well if you want to live. Do you have someone you want to protect?'. I looked up at her. This girl who had watched me be tortured and let it happen. The girl who I had been wanting to snap her neck with my bare hands throughout all of the days of endless torture. I tried to say yes but realized my voice wasn’t working. I started crying and nodded as I forced out Star’s name through the blood spilling down my face from my mouth. She quickly waved over to the two in suits and she started speaking to them as my head slowly fell to the ground where I blacked out for what seemed to be a few seconds.

Comments