Hopeless Mercy - [Chapter 7] Proper Introductions


Chapter 7
The door to the room started to shift as Cloud peaked her head in. Star stood up and grabbed my hand as she hid behind me. 'Sorry, I haven't gotten a chance to properly introduce myself' said Cloud. 'I am his owner" she said. Star looked at me and back at her a few times before she gave a confused look to me and said "What?". 'If I didn't take him in as my property he would've been killed. He owes me his life.' Cloud said looking directly at Star who is grabbing my arm tighter by the second. Star had a sad look on her face for a second before saying 'So will I not be able to see him anymore?' to which Cloud responded 'No he will stay at home for now but expect him to be travelling quite a lot. He has a lot of work to do for me.'

That night I was released to my house along with Star. The next few days I was stuck in bed until around 16:00 when the phone Cloud gave me got a text from her saying to come outside. When I got to the back door of the shop she was waiting in a red sports car with the lights off right in front of the door. I leaned into the passenger window and she handed me a was of cash before saying 'Stay safe and resting I'll be back for you in a week I'm going out of town. Just like that she drove off and I went upstairs but when I got to my house and looked at the money I counted eight and a half thousand dollars. I ordered pizza and we ate before paying out. I decided to keep the money a secret from Star for now.

For the next week we went to school as usual and on Friday night she asked me if I could help with rent next month. I asked her how much she needed for the next six months and she said it was eighteen hundred so I walked into the living room and pulled out two thousand dollars before telling her to pay it monthly. She instantly started barraging me with questions about the money before I finally told her what happened and she dropped to the bed with a ghastly look on her face before asking me 'Are you sure you want to work with her?' I nodded and explained how much this money would help us out but she kept the same look of sadness and worry in her eyes. When I woke up in the middle of the night that night her hand was tightly wrapped around mine and I smiled.

Comments