Hopeless Mercy - Prologue & Disclaimer


Prologue


Lights everywhere. White, pale lights and so many faces. So many unfamiliar faces. Everyone starts somewhere. This is a story of a boy who was born in the wrong place, at the wrong time. This is my life’s diary as a kid, a friend, a brother, a failure, and even a mercenary. Typically, at this part of a diary, the person would introduce who they were starting with a name. In my case, I can’t, since I am no longer sure who I am. Having said that, I have a few things that I still know for sure. I am a young adult who has no clear reason for being alive anymore, nor do I deserve to be as you will soon see. Now, I will tell you how it all started, or as I see it, how it all slowly ended. This was my start, in the hospital room of an American hospital. Being born on a plane traveling from Finland to Canada caused a few issues with citizenship; however, the biggest problem was about to happen. The nearest hospital was American, which meant I was to be born as a citizen to all three countries. Since that moment, my parents traveled around the United States to pursue my father’s career. Until the age of two, I had only known living as crying; I could sleep perfectly directly in the middle of all the chaos, the center of the race track, where it was loudest.
When I turned three, my parents decided to move down south where they would raise their soon to be new child who was my unborn brother. At the age of four, I showed very little interest in anything except a single girl in my class named Kara. In fact, I was told I was dating this girl in Pre-K.


However, around the time I turned seven years old I was sent to live somewhere far away from the innocence I once knew and this is where our story really starts.
Disclaimer
This book is based on a true story, to prevent the identities of those included in it and prevent the intervention of punishment of those involved in everything soon to be listed some locations and dates have been altered. Although most of the events in this book have taken place the names and some of the details will be changed to protect everyone’s personal privacy.

Comments