Hopeless Mercy - [Chapter 3] Window Pain


Chapter 3
'He is alive, but-' A voice, whose voice I did not know yet it was obvious by the way he was talking that he was uncomfortable. I opened my eyes, slowly cringing at the pain through my body. This time instead of being in an empty room chained to the roof, I was in a white concrete room with a lot of surgical equipment spread over all the tables around the bed I was in. The man in white looked at me and grabbed the side of my bed. 'How are you feelin- oh please don’t move of the wounds will reopen,' he said as I started trying to sit up. 'Let him do as he pleases,' said a voice from the corner of the room I couldn't see due to my head facing the opposite way. Though I didn’t have to look over to recognize the voice. I laid back into the cushions piled behind me.
The man and the girl started talking again as I laid back and started to feel my body pulsing in what felt like a bruise. I was not in pain but rather extremely sore. I started to move my hand as the man looked at me and said 'I'm surprised you're alive'. I looked up confused and the man's face flashed with realization. 'The bullets that hit you had a paralysis coated on them that typically shuts off the vital functions of the human body within a few minutes of being hit.' I sat there for a second before stating 'I'm surprised'. The man looked at me again as I felt the girl start to look at me as well. 'I thought someone like you would have people with better aim.' The girl started laughing before she responded, 'If I wanted them to kill you in one shot you would already be dead kid'. The doctor looked over both of us and started to walk out the door. Before he left he turned to me and said 'There is a very large medical bill that will come your way if you're still in here in twenty-four hours.' then he walked out before I could ask why he was telling me. However by the time I opened my mouth to ask I realized that he was hinting at me to leave as soon as I could. The girl stood up to walk over and sit down on the edge of my bed. 'Get your rest, I will wake you in a few hours before we leave', I grunted and turned my head to the side before quickly falling back into my endless abyss of dreams and nightmares.
I opened my eyes to see the concrete warehouse before quickly closing them. I tried to move my arms and legs quickly realizing I had mobility of them. I begun to open my eyes again before I started my aimless walking around the warehouse. At this point I had deducted that the warehouse was completely abandoned by that girl and her men due to the empty hallways and series of rooms. After the first hour I began to realize that I hadn’t found an exit and I didn’t actually remember what happened before I got here. I started to worry as I sped up my pace walking down the polished concrete hallways. I begun opening every door I walked past, half of them would open but half remained locked. Office Supplies, Janitor Supplies, Office Supplies… it felt like the doors and hallways went on forever before I started to run down the hallways looking for anything different, or anything out of place. Before long I caught a hallway with a single door at the end of it. I slowly walked up but as I reached for the door it was as if something in my head was telling me not to. I ignored it and grabbed the door swinging it open before seeing three bright lights in my face and hearing what seemed to be insects chirping very fast. The light faded into darkness..
I woke up to the sound of a girl's voice whispering in my ear. 'Time to go kid', I shot straight up in my bed before doubling over in pain as my ears rang from the shock going through my body. I checked the time, it was nearly three AM. I looked over to the girl and said 'What the fuck, it's three in the fucking morning are you stupid?'. She laughed and said 'Get used to it kid, it's your first day of training'. I gave her a confused and annoyed look before struggling to get out of bed and stand on my feet. She threw clothing at me, it was unlike anything I had seen before in the real world. The clothing this girl expected me to wear looked like something from the mafia movies. I got dressed as my leg shook with pain. After I had all my clothing on I was about to sit on my bed before she said 'Perfect timing, if you took any longer we would both be dead'. I stared blankly at her as she took her phone from her pocket started to call someone. 'Yes, we are ready. Pull the truck up front, we are coming down the faster way since the little princess decided to take his time, make sure to get the right spot'. Extremely confused I looked at her and asked, 'What's the faster way?'. She said, 'The roof of course, kid you have a lot to learn'. I looked at her and said 'Let's go then Miss Bitch'. She smiled, 'Okay, then let’s go brat'.
She walked towards the door and I heard a click. It sounded like a lock, but she hadn't touched the door yet and it didn’t sound like the click came from the door. I glanced at the hazy yellow flickering  light of flashlights sweeping the halls coming from below the door and grabbed her before she could open the door. 'Something's wrong, get down!' I yelled before the walls and door blew open with tiny holes about the size of your thumb and loud gunshots blared through the hospital. I grabbed the gun off the dresser next to the hospital bed and quickly looked at where the bullets were coming from before firing three shots into the wall.The gun weighed more than I expected and the recoil seemed almost unbearable on the scars over my arms. The bullets raining through the room had nearly completely ceased. I looked out the window to see a truck right below the middle with it’s roof taken off and mattresses stacked in the back of the van. I instantly realized what the girl's plan was with the roof. Before she could question me I grabbed her hand and ran over towards the window at full speed before bursting through the window with the girl holding my hand. We dropped four stories onto the mattresses in the back of the van before the glass from the shattered window fell all over us slicing up my back as I laid on top of the girl to protect her from it. The driver took off almost instantly and as we drove away a man looked from the window and started firing off his gun in our direction. I looked down at the girl as she got up and said 'I'm surprised kid, looks like I made a good choice of choosing you'. She looked at me as I started to smile. Before I could laugh I realized the world was spinning, and not in the way that it normally did. My eyes shut as I suddenly dropped face first onto the top mattress.

Comments